Determination.

Determination.
With God, all things are possible. So buckle up, show up, and NEVER give up.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Redirection


Sometimes we need to simplify in life. I was inspired by a dear friend and fellow blogger to reconstruct my original blog, eliminate an additional one I'd created just for spiritual topics, and begin anew. 

Going forward there is no more "Jeff's Leadership Journey" blog, and, separately, "Reflections From the Fire" blog. At this stage, I'm recalling once again that everything I am, everything I stand for, and everything I think about and talk about falls under the umbrella of my God-given mission and purpose in life. 

My mission is gradually unfolding before me. I used to regard it as something as simple as "following the Great Commission" (for those of you not from lifelong Christian backgrounds, that refers to Matthew 28:19-20...go look it up!). I used to swear by what my dad always said when I was a young boy: "We're pretty much here for two things - To come to faith ourselves, and to help others do the same." Not that such a perspective was ever misguided or wrong for me. It's just that I've learned over the past few years to appreciate the complexity of life's journey, and the abundance of opportunities that lie waiting out there, for how, where, with whom, and for what one can live their life. 

In other words, I'm seeking to constantly diversify my understanding of my mission in life. I will always have as my overarching mission and core goal the desire to fulfill said "Great Commission." However, along the way, I feel that God has placed some other desires within me that are unique, subtler nuances of what will take place as I leave my mark on the world.

Want to know what I'm getting at with all that enigmatic talk? Well, feel free to continue following along with my posts, or retrace my steps therein if you're here for the first time, and discover it for yourself. Maybe my meanderings will shed light on the path you've been needing to see for yourself, too. 

Henceforth, my blog will speak of many topics, but it will all circle back around to the theme of the beautiful unfolding of what God is doing in my life. Really, I'm not the main character in my story anyway. Jesus Christ is. What he did for mankind, and what He is all about still to this day, is on center stage. The rest of it is details. Some intriguing, some painful, some mystifying, some dark and foreboding, some sorrowful, some hilarious or uplifting, and some sublime...but really just details. 

Enjoy the ride. Not even I know what's coming next. 
Clearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment