Determination.

Determination.
With God, all things are possible. So buckle up, show up, and NEVER give up.

Friday, May 31, 2013

A Poem: Inspired by Chris Brady's "Obstacles"

Mediocrités

His coaxing hand upon my shoulder
I barely feel the alarm within
His nudge is so subtle as he grows bolder
He loves it when my light’s this dim
His whispering words distract my thoughts
His face looks so kind and peaceful
When he’s near me no wandering is caught
My courage cowers in thought of each woe
His melody of choice is the complaining drone
Yeah, his symphony is the whine of a child
The more we converse his dirge becomes my own
Til every dream I’ve dreamt is defiled
As he tells it, there’s no point to struggling
When there’s comfort waiting behind
As he sells it, his points get to snuggling
And excuses become all too easy to find
Do I know him well enough by now
To see through his devilish game?
Dare I fight the power of his undertow
When he so soothingly calls me by name?
I could choose to place finger upon the wrong
and insist that my dreams aren’t fabricated
Yet his eyebrows lower and wise head shakes so long
“You’re a long shot if God ever made it.”
I don’t want him to be right, I want to believe
That prosperity and peace can be mine
I don’t want to lose this fight, I want my reprieve
And to be free to turn loose the dying
Someone please jerk around this lazy head
And quiet the fool telling me lies
Comfort’s not what I seek, it’s the battle I want instead
And with battle-worn hands to hold the prize
Flee from me now, you who lure me to your dark
I spurn your wiles for wasting another minute
Your call is for a road that won’t see my foot’s mark
Greatness is my path and I will walk tall in it



JPU
5.31.13

No comments:

Post a Comment