Determination.

Determination.
With God, all things are possible. So buckle up, show up, and NEVER give up.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Man on a Mission

Call me crazy, but I have just come to the belief that my failure to record thoughts and reflections on the journey I'm undertaking would leave me remiss one day. Perhaps "one day" will be the day I set about writing a book of my own, whether a memoir or a flagship for a body of works of my very own, as I follow in the footsteps of leadership giants such as Orrin Woodward or Chris Brady. My aim is set much higher than ever before, so if I'm to take any cues from the reading I've become disciplined to do in the latest chapter of my life, it's to be a recorder of events, thoughts, and conversations, such as authors and gurus like Frank Boettger, Dr. David Schwartz, Dale Carnegie, John Maxwell, Steven Covey, etc have all done.

I look back in regret (though one topic I could, and may, write on is Never Have Regrets) over the forever lost conversations and interactions and stories that have captivated my heart and have taught me various things throughout life. Those events are now only sustained in memory through memory itself, and perhaps a few fading photos that bear some vague representation to that time. I don't want that to continue, therefore a blog must be my pursuit.

For any of you visiting this site who have known me for a long time, it's altogether likely that you'll roll your eyes at the very thought of someone as analytical, long-winded, and pensive as me putting my mind's products out into cyberspace. I do hope, however, that in time not only the quality of my thought processes and writing will evolve and mature, but also my very being.

Learning is something I once only gave modest attention to. But I've come into a new chapter in life within the last year or so that has blessed me dramatically already. Becoming a part of a community that passionately pursues excellence on the personal level, as well as a self-directed education and a reawakening of some principles long deceased in our society, has been a joy and a privilege. I wish for all of you who take any time to run your eyes over my words to give some consideration to the merit of such a pursuit.

Start with a dream. Start with purpose detected in your own life. Know why you believe the things you believe, and question everything. Socrates once said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." Over time and study you could, like I did, come to understand that even in a Biblical sense. We only have one shot at this thing called life. It ought to be rendered a journey. For me, that journey begins now, as I pursue learning, and sharing with anyone willing to listen the things I have been absorbing in my own self-directed education.

In a world within the internet that's more often than not fraught with disdainful and sinful content, I hope to leave a positive mark with my blog. There has always been a guiding light within me - i.e. my faith. Now, I seek to add to that compass in my heart the true underpinnings of a life well lived...through wisdom, principles, character building, a well-rounded knowledge of things, and the philosophical discoveries that come from much needed leisure in a frenetic world. This will be my journey... blessings to any of you who decide to occasionally share mine here.

This is now who I am. I could hide, as I have for nearly the first 3 decades of my life. But as E.E. Cummings declared, "To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."



No comments:

Post a Comment